A short summary of the last two months:
• A three day CharityFocus book jam discussing the hows and
the whats and the whys of its journey in generosity.
• A three week yoga course near Dehra Dun watching and learning from the intelligence of breath, body and mind in motion
• A one month stretch embedded in the fabric of relentless service for sight at Aravind
• A quick stop at Sri Aurobindo’s ashram in Pondicherry where perfectibility of the human spirit is practiced in different fields with inner surrender and an opening to grace.
• Ten days surrounded by vivid thangkas of Green Tara and the Boddhisattva of Compassion, whirling mantra-filled prayer wheels and the dedication of hundreds of lamas in Dharamsala.
• A little over a week amidst the Hanuman temples, chanting, and lamp-lit arathis of Neem Karoli Baba’s ashram in Kainchi
• And now by the time this is posted we will be in Kutch at a silent 10-day Vipassana retreat learning from the intelligence of the breath, body and mind in stillness.
Recently in a conversation with Viral I brought up how strangely special it is that all these different periods have found a chord of resonance within, each so unique and yet related to the others in a way that makes the sum of this time feel stunningly rich not scattered – and somehow perfect too because there are inexplicable threads woven between Aravind, Sri Aurobindo, Neem Karoli Baba’s disciples, CharityFocus, Vipassana – labels that are not nearly as important as the underlying affinities that exist beneath the surface. So many paths, each with their own qualities of beauty and strength.
As they say in India … Same Same – But Different.